Monday, May 08, 2006
Southern Italy Cooking Tour
(images from Google Images)
Cooking tour to Southern Italy in October 2006! I will be escorting a cooking tour from October 16th - 29th. Contact Bonaventure Travel Inc. at (204)488-6653 at 428 Academy Road, Winnipeg, Manitoba or Toll Free at 1-888-550-8998 to book your space on the tour.
Enjoy a tour taking you into the heart and soul of Italian cuisine through the South of Italy, surrounded by lemon, orange and olive groves, Pizza, pasta, oil, wine, bread…all is included!
Monday – Oct. 16th “Arrival and transfer to Sorrento”
• Arrival at Rome
Tuesday – Oct. 17th “Amalfi Coast”
Wednesday – Oct. 18th “Cooking Class 1 – Limoncello”
• Cooking Class 1 – The Lemon Lifestyles Cooking Class starts out with a little history on the zesty lemons that grow in abundance on the Amalfi Coast. You will learn the characteristics of the Amalfi lemon and all of its use in cooking. Chef Rosa will lead the way in this hands-on cooking class with a lemon-infused antipasto, fresh hand-made lemon pasta, local fish or chicken seasoned with lemon and Amalfi lemon cake. Lunch follows on the terrace with a view of the sea. Everyone eats dinner after class with the recipes prepared in class.
Thursday – Oct. 19th “Isle of Capri – Cooking Class 2”
• Full day visit to the Isle of Capri (weather and sea conditions permitting) including the Blue Grotto, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World or stroll the port..
• Cooking Class 2 – from 5:00PM – 7:00PM. The class is arranged in a charming and elegant private residence. This is the ideal setting for an intimate fish cooking lesson. A dinner will follow on the terrace featuring the prepared dishes.
Friday – Oct. 20th “Pompeii – Cooking Class 3”
• The morning starts with an excursion to Pompeii.
• Cooking Class 3 – from 5:00PM to 7:00PM. The lesson is based on pasta making. A dinner will follow during which several kinds of pasta will be served.
Saturday – Oct. 21st “Naples – Cooking Class 4”
• Cooking Class 4 – Neapolitan Pizza Party. In the evening, our chef will illustrate the history of the famous Neapolitan pizza from the Naples Pizza Academy. The dough-making process is also part of the demonstration. A variety of regional pizzas will then be served.
Sunday – Oct. 22nd “Paestrum – Cooking Class 5”
• Departure to Paestrum and enjoy a visit to a local trattoria in its surroundings where you will take part in the production of Buffalo mozzarella and have a tasting.
• Proceed to Maratea, a sea town on the Tyrrhenian Sea to have a 2 day stay of relaxation.
Monday – Oct. 23rd “Maratea”
Tuesday – Oct. 24th “Maratea and Matera”
Wednesday – Oct. 25th “Altamura – Cooking Class 6”
• Apulai Region and a stop in Altamura to enjoy a specialty bread baking lesson.
Thursday – Oct. 26th “Alberabello – Cooking Class 7”
• Depart to Alberabello, a UNESCO heritage town. Visit a local masseria, specialized in the production of extra virgin olive oil and learn about the production, types of trees and processes in creating olive oil. Prepare the typical dishes including orrechiette con cime di rapa (pasta with turnip greens), minestra di fave secche (baked fava beans), cozze gratinate (black mussels au gratin) and tarelli and enjoy your dinners.
Friday – Oct. 27th “Castel del Monte”
• Enjoy the UNESCO heritage Castle followed by a visit to a famous vineyard tour and wine tasting.
Saturday – Oct. 28th “Rome”
• Enjoy a tour of Rome by night followed by a farewell dinner at a local restaurant.
Sunday – Oct. 29th “Departure”
• Transfer to Rome Leonardo da Vinci’s International Airport.