Search This Blog

Friday, October 18, 2019

Holiday treats - Chocolate Pecan Pie Gluten Free!

We spent Thanksgiving at my brother's and brought dessert.  I've attempted chocolate pecan pie once before and I don't know why only the once. Likely, I don't have corn syrup on hand that often.  What makes this Gluten-free is having the wonderful Piccola Cucina tart and pie shells on hand.  They are a wonderful and versatile product, made here in Winnipeg. 

I doubled this recipe. 


Chocolate Pecan Pie
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup butter (I like Notre Dame Butter)
1 tbs cold water
2 tsp corn starch
1/2 cup dark chocolate callets (chips, Fair Trade)
3 eggs (I love Nature's Farm Eggs)
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp bourbon
1 1/4 cup pecan halves
Piccola Cucina pie or tart shells

Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC).

In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, butter, chocolate, water, and cornstarch. Bring to a full boil, stirring, and remove from heat.  

 In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Gradually beat in cooked syrup mixture. Stir in salt, vanilla, and pecans. Pour into pie shell. 

Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until filling is set.  

Enjoy!




No comments: