Photos to follow asap.
fish fillets (such as salmon or cod I used gorgeous trout from Saskatchewan and Pickerel is also possible
fresh lime juice, 1/2 cup
extra-virgin olive oil, 1/2 cup
coriander, 1/2 cup, chopped
parsley, 1/2 cup, chopped
mint, 1/2 cup, chopped
saffron, 1/2 teaspoon
1. Place each side under grill at high temperature for 5-10 minutes so that the skin dries up.
2. Remove fish and separate skin which should come off easily.
3. Prepare sauce as following: wash and finely chop coriander, parsley and mint.
4. Add lime juice, olive oil, saffron, salt, and black pepper, and mix well.
5. Cover a suitable pan with aluminum foil and place fish on top.
6. Add the sauce on both sides as well as inside.
7. Cover with a sheet of aluminum foil and cook in oven at medium temperature for 45 minutes to one hour.
8. Note however that exact cooking time depends on the type and size of fish.
9. Take care not to over-cook.
10. Add more sauce 2 or 3 times during cooking.
11. When cooked, decorate fish with slices of lime or lemon and some parsley.
2. Kookoo sabzi for 6 people
• 8 eggs.
• 1 tea spoon white flour.
• 1 table spoon red currants (also known as zereshk).
• 1/3 cup (2-3 Oz.) finely chopped walnuts (also known as gerdoo).
• 1 tea spoon salt.
• 1/4 tea spoon black pepper.
• 1/4 cup (2 Oz.) cooking oil or butter.
• 1/2 cup (4 Oz.) finely chopped fresh chives/scallion stems (also known as tarreh/piazcheh).
• 2 cups (16 Oz.) finely chopped fresh parsely (also known as jafaree).
• 1/2 cup (4 Oz.) fresh coriander (also known as gheshneez) or 2 table spoon dried ones.
• 1/4 cup (2 Oz.) fresh or dried dill weed (Also known as sheveed).
• 1/2 table spoon dried fenugreek (also known as shanbelileh).
Getting to directions, they are really easy and simple to follow.
1. Soak the currants in cold water for 15 minutes before cooking. Drain before adding them in.
2. In a bowl add the eggs, 1/2 of the cooking oil and all other ingredients, with the exception of fresh and dried vegetables. Beat it with a fork until the ingredients have been mixed well.
3. Add the vegetables, and stir the mixture until the vegetables have blended in (do not beat it any longer due to the delicate nature of fresh vegetables).
4. Put the oven setting to bake at 250 degrees (F).
5. Pour the remainder of the cooking oil in an oven safe dish. Pour the vegetable mixture in the dish. Bake at this setting for about 40-45 minutes. You may cover the dish with aluminum foil at the beginning to prevent over-drying of the top crust. Remove the foil half way during the baking process.
6. Cut in square pieces before serving.