Search This Blog

Thursday, July 05, 2018

Pa kimchi, Green onions kimchi LOVE!! Chonggak-kimchi, Ponytail Kimchi More LOVE!

Today is a Kimchi making day.  I started with the most simple kimchi to make and it has wonderful results.  Pa kimchi, or, green onion kimchi has a sweetness that is subtle and lovely.  It is a wonderful side dish or garnish to so many foods, stir-frys, soups, etc.

I used the green onions, except for the whites and purples, from my Farm Share from Hearts Acre Farm.  If you don't have a CSA Farm Share, you can pick up their wonderful veggies at St. Norbert's Market on Wednesdays and Saturdays.  The remaining ingredients are available at a number of Asian Specialty stores throughout Winnipeg.  Try Arirang Oriental Food Mart on Portage Ave. or 88 Mart on Pembina, in Winnipeg.

I used Aeri's Kitchen recipe as it was so simple.  http://aeriskitchen.com/2012/11/green-onion-kimchi/

When the aromas came up from the mixing bowl, it just made me happy.


I also made turnip with greens kimchi yesterday.  Known as Chonggak-kimchi, or Ponytail Kimchi, I used the turnips with half of the greens attached.  The other half went into my Saag Paneer.

I used the Maangchi recipe.  You can find it here:  https://www.maangchi.com/recipe/chonggak-kimchi.

Maangchi is such a great resource for wonderful Korean food!




No comments: